Colorado is very high up on my “Places I Love” list.
Landing in Denver we picked up our spur-of-the-moment decision convertible rental and headed to a tiny offpeak ski-lodge town called Granby. After two months of travelling around the world and having been constantly surrounded by people on planes, trains, buses, trams, shopping malls, hotel lobby’s, museums and sporting games, it was a breath of fresh air to drive away from it all and leave the bustle behind.
We had no set plans for the week so each day began with “Sooooo, what do you want to do today?” and more often than not we’d jump in the car and drive and see where we ended up.
The scenery was beautiful. Roads wound through valleys and the snow-capped Rockies were never far out of sight. We saw deer, hummingbirds, marmots and more. Everywhere you went felt like a scene from a Yogi Bear episode.
But more than the scenery were the hours spent together in conversation. Before landing in Colorado I had come across a list of 100 “Getting To Know You” questions and downloaded it, figuring it would be something interesting to pass the time.
And pass the time it did. B would drive and I would be the “Chief-Question-Asker”. Some days we drove for 10 hours and only get through 5 or so questions as more often than not each question would lead into another 20 off topic subjects and the miles and hours would slip by unawares.
And this, this was what I enjoyed the most. The scenery as we sped by in our little white convertible coupled with the conversations between two souls.
Highly recommend it. 🙂
Feel free to try it yourself. I’ve included a list of 100 questions below or you can download a PDF version here.
1. How do you define honesty?
2. What is your biggest fear or worry?
3. What is the main thing that makes you unique?
4. If you had to evacuate your house immediately, what is the one thing you would grab on the way out?
5. What facial expression or movement do you do when you are lying?
6. What is the oldest item you own?
7. If someone was to give you one gift, money is no object, what would you want to receive?
8. What does it mean to have courage?
9. Do you like your name?
10. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
11. If you could have any special magic power, what would it be?
12. If you had three wishes, what would you wish?
13. What is your greatest strength?
14. What is your worst weakness?
15. If you could predict the future, what would you do with that knowledge?
16. Is your favorite time the past, present or the future?
17. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
18. Who is the one person that helped to make you who you are today?
19. If you were punished for a crime, what type of punishment would you choose?
20. Describe a time you got into trouble.
21. What do you do when you first wake up in the morning?
22. What makes you a good person?
23. What would your obituary say?
24. What is your greatest regret?
25. How would you describe standing on a beach looking at the ocean?
26. What is your favorite outfit to wear?
27. What do you do when you are driving alone in a car?
Love and Friendship Questions
28. If a friend is being bullied or harassed by someone, what do you do?
29. Reflect on the characteristics of your best friend. What makes him or her so special?
30. Has anyone close to you passed away?
31. Describe a time you fell in love.
32. Can you keep secrets? Describe a time you didn’t.
33. How do you show your love for others?
34. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
35. If you could become anyone’s friend that you want, who would you choose?
36. Are you the type of person with lots of friends or just a few close ones?
37. What is one quality you admire most in others?
38. Do you prefer to be with those who are younger or older than you are?
39. If you could ask me one question, and I had to answer you truthfully, what would you want to know?
40. What is the meanest thing you have ever done to someone?
41. Who is one friend from your past you want to reconnect with?
42. When did you kiss for the first time and what was it like?
43. Describe an activity that you think is truly romantic.
44. If you were to write a love note to your sweetheart, what would it say?
45. When you are in trouble, whom do you call for help?
46. Who are the people you love the most?
47. If you could speak any language, what would it be and why?
48. If you had to pick one place in your town to bring a tourist, where would you go?
49. What is the one cause that you feel most passionate about?
50. If you lived in the pioneer days, would you have traveled west or stayed put in the east?
51. Which is your favorite non-profit organization? What do you do to help them?
52. If you could travel to space, would you go?
53. If you could move anywhere, where would you go and why?
54. Would you want to travel the world on a boat in the sea?
55. When you travel away from home, do you miss it?
56. What is the greatest crisis we face as a world?
57. Describe your favorite vacation.
58. If you could write your own bill of rights, what would you include?
59. What is going on today in the world that affects you the most?
60. What bad habit would you be willing to give up if it guaranteed you would live to be 100?
61. What is your favorite thing to eat?
62. What is one food that you will not eat?
63. What is your favorite way to exercise?
64. If you had to choose to be blind or deaf, which one would you pick?
65. Have you ever been to a hospital? Why?
66. If you could have someone else’s face, whom would you choose?
67. Describe a vivid dream you have had.
68. What physical feature do you least like about yourself?
69. Would you want to know the exact day of your death?
Work and Career Questions
70. If you had to pick one hero, who would it be?
71. If you could pick one thing to change about your school or job, what would it be?
72. What are most proud of?
73. Are you the kind of person who wants to be the big fish in a little pond or the little fish in the big pond?
74. Describe a time when you wanted to quit, but didn’t.
75. Mention one goal. When do you hope to accomplish it?
76. Is competition good for you?
77. If you could study anything you wanted in school, what would you want to learn more about?
78. What is something you learned in school that you think is useless to you today?
79. When someone fails at something, what should he or she do?
80. If you could pick any career, what would you want to be?
81. Do you want to be famous?
82. If you could become a character in a TV show or movie, who would you chose to be?
83. What is your favorite outside activity?
84. What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
85. What is your favorite sport? Do you play or just watch?
86. Have you been on a roller coaster? What did it feel like?
87. If you had to spend a day not using any technology, what would you do?
88. Describe the perfect party.
89. What is your favorite type of art?
90. What sport do you think you are the best at?
91. Do you play an instrument?
92. Which is your favorite song?
93. If you could be a cartoon character, who would you want to be?
94. Do you know any jokes? If so, tell me one.
95. What is the one thing that makes you laugh the hardest?
96. What makes your family unique from others?
97. When you think back to your childhood, what was the hardest part about being a kid?
98. What are some of your family’s traditions?
99. Do you know how you got your name?
100. Are you like your parents or different? How?